You often hear that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Although it’s easy to skip breakfast, it’s important to make eating in the morning a top priority. Eating breakfast helps boost your metabolism, maintain your energy levels in the morning, and keep cravings away.
Here’s a simple waffle recipe by Rachel of @recipeswithrach to start your day off right!
Ingredients You’ll Need:
- 1 ripe banana
- 2/3 cup of rolled oats
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 tablespoon of almond butter
- 3 tablespoons of almond milk
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup of kefir yogurt
How to Make:
- In a blender, mix all the waffle ingredients together. Feel free to add more almond milk or rolled oats depending on if the mixture is too dry or too runny.
- Grease your waffle maker with some coconut oil.
- Wait about 2 minutes until the waffles are cooked thoroughly and golden brown.
- Stack the waffles up and drizzle on some honey/add a scoop of yogurt.
- Top with whatever fruit you desire!